Saturday, August 25, 2012

Celebration VI Reveals, and Extended Season 5 Trailer!

SW: I've been so excited about all the news coming out of Celebration VI so far - and it's only halfway done!  No, I'm not in Orlando, but I'm keeping up with the latest things Star Wars being released.

Anyway, here is the latest information I thought I would share with you.  I'd like to give a huge thanks to the Star Wars Underworld community for keeping the rest of us updated.  Everything I'm about to give you comes from those awesome people.



"Star Wars: 1313"

-A new documentary about this upcoming Star Wars video game - which includes concept art - was released just yesterday.  You can watch it here.

Other news about "1313" is that it will be single-player and not on hand-helds.  I heard another source say some Star Wars characters we already know of will be in the game, but I can't confirm this myself.  Even so, I'm very excited and this is one game that will never get here soon enough.








"Review for the Season 5 Premiere"

-Last night was the premiere of Season 5.  If you're interested, here is a brand-new review that reveals a lot about the premiere episode "Revival" as well as some information about the extended Season 5 trailer.  You can check out this review HERE.  There is also a leak of the extended trailer, but unfortunately I was unable to post it.

So what's my opinion after reading this review?  On the surface, I'm pumped.  It looks like we'll be seeing a lot of interesting things happen this season [POSSIBLE SPOILERS] - Sidious draws his lightsaber against Maul, Asajj and Ahsoka go undercover, and there is possibly a further revelation of Anakin's path to the Dark Side.  The whole Mandalore plot is compelling, but I might have mentioned before that Death Watch is starting to bore me...still, I'm open to see what they have to offer.

After digesting all that, though, I can't let myself get my hopes up too high.  After all, it's all too easy for a trailer to show only the best of the best and ignore 80% of the actual content.  As if that's never happened before.  Nevertheless, I'm sure we will see some great arcs and awesome lightsaber duels, and I'm looking forward to this season much more than I did the last one.


P.S. - from the looks of it, I don't think Cad Bane will be making a huge appearance this season (if he did, we would have already known about it, I'm sure), but I'm almost certain we'll at least see him.  It will probably be similar to Season 3 when he was only in a couple filler episodes...which is a bit of a downer for me, but hey, maybe for Season 6, right?

Anyway, what are your thoughts on all the stuff coming out of Celebration VI thus far?

-Stilwater <><



2 comments:

  1. All of it looks awesome, I think :) I don't play video games so Star Wars 1313 doesn't excite me that much. I can't wait for season 5 though, whatever it may bring! I wanna see the ending to that cliffhanger in season 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't play M rated games either...or games in general...but 1313 has had my attention for a while.
      I want to see that ending too :P

      Delete