Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

SW: Yay!  New post! Cheers!

I got tagged by Helen from The Life of a Musician and Dancer!  'Tanks, Helen!

First, 11 random things about myself (Stilwater) -

1) I just bought nail prints for the first time yesterday - black and white stripes, gold and black diamonds, and red plaid for Christmas.
2) I don't have a real 'crush' on Tom Hiddleston, but for some reason I can't get his adorable British face out of my head (hmm, I wonder why?)
3) The last song I listened to was "Let it Rain" by Michael W. Smith.  First time hearing it and I loved it.
4) I'm real excited to go on a trip next week with my mom and sisters, where we'll have a whole day just to go shopping for clothes...which is kind of a foreign concept to me, but I can't wait.  It's going to be so much fun!
5) I really should go to bed right now - babysitting tomorrow.
6) As much as I'm head-over-heels obsessed with Robert Downey Jr., I don't feel all that pumped for Iron Man 3.  I'm definitely more excited for Sherlock Holmes 3, and seeing what future projects he might be attached to outside of Marvel and SH.
7) I own a collection of over 100 Ray Bradbury short stories, not to mention his novel Fahrenheit 451.
8) I'm so busy!!!
9) It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to live on nothing but fruits and vegetables...and a little chocolate ;)
10) "Oppa Gangam Style" is in my head! (Thanks, little sis...)
11) Tomorrow my mom is going to get an Audrey Hepburn haircut.  I helped her pick it out and I'm so happy for her already!


Now to answer Helen's questions...

1) Out of all the Marvel Super Hero movies you have seen, what one is your favorite and why?
-Not a huge Marvel fan, so I don't know.  Maybe Thor, because even though the whole Asgard and Thor- on-Earth was way too weird for me, I really liked the relationship between Thor and Loki.  And Loki is pretty cool in general...creepy, but cool.
2) What is your favorite genre of music?
-Big band and swing from the 1930's-50's, although I love a lot of other genres too!
3)What is your favorite time of day? (morning, afternoon, evening, night)

-I probably love mornings the most, from about 6:30 to 10:00.
4) What is your favorite movie?
-I'm not sure I have one favorite movie.  I've never really found the perfect movie - for me it's more like an element here, a character there, a story there.  But it's gotta be Schindler's List, or The Lion King, or The Maltese Falcon.
5) What are your top five soundtracks?
-From lowest to highest: Disney's the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Disney's the Lion King, Dances With Wolves, the Pacific, and Schindler's List.
6) What is your dream life?

-Working in the mission field with people in either/both emotional and physical poverty, traveling around the world, homeschooling my kids, and writing my fingers off!
7) What is/was your favorite subject in school and why?

-I love history, always have!  I enjoy learning about the past and the events that made our world what it is today, plus the things we as a people and a nation should never forget.
8) If you could go anywhere in the world but you had three seconds to decide, where would you go?

-Bed!  (Kidding, kidding!)  Um...(tick, tick, tick)...London.  I'd go to London.
9) Who would you prefer to live with: Hobbits or Elves?

-Hobbits, definitely.  The Elves are very reserved and deep-thinking - just like me - so of course why would I want to hang out around a whole bunch of me's with angel hair?  No, I need some Hobbit ways to rub off on me, even if they do seclude themselves in their little Shire.
10) Would you rather be in the Hunger Games or a Gladiator fight and why?

-A gladiator fight for sure.  That way, if I was going to die, it would be much quicker instead of drawn-out over a couple weeks.  Plus, the winner of the Hunger Games didn't always live such a great life afterwards, but the gladiators did.
11) Han Solo or Iron Man?

-Is that a trick question?  IRON MAN!

Thanks again, Helen!  I thought about letting Cad Bane take over, but realized it wouldn't work out too well (like question 11?  Hmm.)  Maybe another time, eh?

Stilwater, signing off <><

2 comments:

  1. :D Your answers were really good. I had a fun time reading them! :D

    ReplyDelete