Thursday, January 17, 2013

Coming Attractions via Amazon

I'm back.

Yes, I'm aware I was pulled away for almost two weeks, but alas, I have reemerged.

First, I would like to officially announce that my crime/psychological-drama novel Resistance will be available on Amazon's e-book archive as of JANUARY 19, 2013!!  Don't worry, I will provide the hyperlink on that day.  The price will be $2.99 for a download directly to your Kindle, iPad, iPhone, or other mobile device.  It should be available for purchase in every country.

Resistance has been a two-and-a-half year project of mine.  It started way back in May 2010 in the midst of some serious (and depressive) writer's block.  After countless failed attempts at writing the typical adventure fantasy novel, I began scribbling out short stories out of some sort of ink-hungry desperation.  One of those short stories stuck with me.  Finally, on a hot July morning, I sat down and realized the characters in that short story were begging for their lives to be told, to show the world what they could say and do.  By that Christmas, a short story had become a thirty-chapter novel.

So here I am, in January 2013, waiting for Saturday to arrive.  I'm not even going to try and describe my excitement.  But I'll just say that, even if it's self-publishing through a form many amateur writers have been using nowadays, it is one of the best feelings a writer can ever have.

Here is the official synopsis:


          Stock market crash. Worldwide depression. The city that never sleeps has become a giant slum. Hunger and broken homes litter the streets. It is in this world that Anton Leonte has been born and raised in, and in which he must raise and protect his own family. Every day, he searches for job openings that don't exist. Every night, he goes to a storehouse where he competes in bare-handed fistfights to win off gamblings. Sometimes he's lucky. Sometimes he's not.
           But Anton is no ordinary fighter. He harbors a rare mental ability that allows him to win in the ring with more ease than should be allowed. To this point he has been successful in keeping it a secret from everyone else, including his family. Little does he know how rare—and coveted—this ability is.
      One night, a businessman named Mr. Vanderhill approaches Anton with the job offer of a lifetime. It will make all of Anton's dreams for his family come true. It means no more storehouse, no more hunger, and much more. Surely with such an offer there must be a catch.
        And this man named Vanderhill will see to it that Anton does not discover the catch until it is too late for him.
     Anton, because of his ability, finds himself pulled into a strange and treacherous business organization. Well-guarded secrets, not just his own, will be exposed for their raw nature. And he will discover there is much more to his city—and entire reality as a whole—than what he has always known to be true.


I cannot wait to share more about my novel in these next few weeks and months to come.  Personally, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who is currently following my blog.  You guys are fantastic!  It would be a lot harder for me to keep doing what I'm doing were it not for your support.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart <3

...well, I should probably say goodnight for now.  It's after 2:30 AM, and I have babysitting tomorrow.  My siblings and I watched The Hunger Games, which is notorious for making me cry at least three times.  Then I watched the final three Death Note episodes, which made me feel strange and depressed and mindless.  Not to mention we're in the middle of watching The Pacific.  I have got to stop doing this to myself...

Soli Deo Gloria.
<><


4 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!! Congragulations on getting your book added to Amazon!!! :D When it is available I'll definitely buy it and when I finish it I'll write a review for you! :D.
    Once again, congrats, very happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about this Death Note Anime and from what I've heard of it it is quite dark. Is it any good?

    Also, congrats on getting your novel on Amazon.com. That is quite the accomplishment and it has been an honor to follow this blog. Here's hoping you have a great 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say Death Note is one of the best anime I have ever watched. It's intelligent, suspenseful, thought-provoking, and complex. Unlike most anime, the characters are not shallow or bland either. Dark, too, but it has its comedy relief moments. And I have seen 'darker' stuff.

      Thanks; and I wish the same for you! :)

      Delete