Thursday, February 7, 2013

Shine-On Award




The Shine On Award Rules:

1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post the badge on your blog. It’s pretty. Do it.
3. Answer the questions posed to you. Regardless of how out-of-left-field they may be.
4. Nominate five bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them.
5. Issue some questions you’d like them to answer.

Shena Tokala and Covert Knight nominated me.  Thanks guys, I feel so loved <3


Shena Tokala's Questions:

If I was going to co-star with your favorite actor, what would you want our character's connection to be (as in family, friends, etc,)?
-Well, most of my favorite actors are dead (meh), but my still-living favorite is Robert Downey Jr. And I've never seen him in a father-daughter relationship in a movie, so that would be neat.

If you could travel with any of the Doctors, which one would you choose?
-As in Doctor Who?  Sorry, I don't know Doctor Who...

Would you rather live in a science fiction world or a fantasy world?

-Science fiction, cuz gizmos and technology rule.

If you could be an Avenger, which would you choose to be?

-an avenger??  I don't know, Iron Man I guess.

Who are your top 10 Jedi characters?

-Yikes - I don't even know ten Jedi characters!  But my favorite Jedi are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Plo-Koon. that's about it, I can't think of anymore.

What are some stories you wish you could have made up?

-Great question!  I wish I had made up Star Wars, the Hunger Games, and Shakespeare's Othello.  Star Wars because there's things I would change and add.  Hunger Games because I just wish it was all mine.  And Othello is one the deepest, darkest, most compelling stories in human civilization, so of course I'd want it to be mine!

If you were going to be in a film, what kind of weapon would you want your character to have?

-Double pistols, and a rifle for backup.

Of your favorite fictional characters, who would you want for your best friend (if you want, you can pick one from each of your fandoms)?
-Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games), L Lawliet (Death Note), and Obi-Wan (Star Wars) would make great buddies.  We would all get along so well, and I really want them as best friends of mine.

What are your top two fandoms and why are they your favorite?

-I don't really call them "fandoms", but I guess my two biggest right now are Death Note and My Little Pony, and if there was a third it would be Star Wars.  Death Note is a great anime with deep characters and a complex, intelligent plot.  I'm not strictly speaking a "brony", but I love My Little Pony because of the characters and universal appeal.  And then there's Star Wars, because I grew up with it and I love the universe and a lot of the characters.



Covert Knight's Questions:

How do you view school?
-High school? Almost done.  College? Intense.

What kind of TV shows do you like to watch? Mystery-murder? Forensic flicks? Romantic dramas? 

Cartoons? Action-adventure? Comedy? Reality show? Why do you like it?
-We don't have TV, so I don't get to watch any shows.  But online, I watch some animated stuff like The Clone Wars, My Little Pony, and Superjail, and then some anime like Death Note, InuYasha, and Chobits.  But I love the old classic comedy sitcoms like The Honeymooner's, Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Abbott and Costello, and The Andy Griffith show.  So in that case, I guess classic comedy and some cartoons.

(If you're a Star Wars fan) What is your opinion regarding the Expanded Universe?

-It sounds cool, but I'm not interested.

What kind of person is an ideal teacher to you?

-Someone who leads by example and gives the students an education through real-life experience instead of textbook formulas (for example, homeschooling.  Instead of making me memorize important dates in Viking history, our parents once took us a huge museum with reenactments.)

If you're allowed to go somewhere with someone or a group of people, be it fictional or real, who would those people/that someone be? How'd you spend time with them/he/she?

-Oh, that's easy.  I would love to take my brother and sister, L Lawliet, and a Disney character like Dodger or Timon to Europe.  We would see London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Venice, eat in sidewalk cafes, see art museums and cathedrals, and see all my favorite European bands in concert.

If tomorrow's your last day, what'd you do?

-Yikes. I would tell my parents everything, and write a few letters.

Do you believe in ghosts and/or any kind of magic/miracle? Why/why not?

-I believe ghosts and miracles are real but only through divine intervention.  If someone really does have magic or powers, it's from the Devil.

Technology or magic? Why?
-Technology hands down. they come with instruction manuals. And you can't beat instruction manuals.


The people I nominate:

Jessica Bane

Edessa

Helen

Aayla Rain

MilanCallaVollen (you can do this on deviantART and start tagging deviants there :D)


My questions:

-Has a character death ever made you shed actual tears and cry uncontrollably?

-What are your current favorite songs?

-If you had two million dollars, what would you spend it on?

-If you could live in any time period in history, what would it be and why?

-Why did you start your blog/DA page?

-Do you have a part-time job?  If so, what is it?  Do you like it?

-What museum do you want to visit the most?

-If you like Star Wars, what are you looking forward to most that's Star Wars-related in the future? (Episode VII? Spin-off films? the rest of the Clone Wars? or something else?)

5 comments:

  1. I love your answers! :) I agree on most of them, but Katniss kinda let me down on the last book :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, thank you for answering my questions!! :D
    That's awesome, I'd love to play Robert Downey Jr's daughter! :D (I could be Iron Girl!) :D XD. He's definitely an actor I'd love to work with :)
    I agree, Obi-Wan Kenobi is an awesome Jedi!! :D He's my favorite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answers! :) Thank you for awarding me. I'll try to get them done today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Oh yes, technology comes with instruction manuals. Eh-heh...
    Lovely answers! And thank you for answering my questions XD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome answers, Stilwater! And thank you so much for the award! I'll definitely try to get them up tomorrow. God bless! =D

    ReplyDelete