Thursday, February 7, 2013

Star Wars Spin-off Films

YES!

It has just been announced that Disney will be producing a series of Star Wars spin-off films!  Click HERE to read the official announcement.

This isn't the same as Star Wars: Episode VII.  These will be separate entirely.  In other words, they can be set before the films, after the films, and in all the gaps in-between.

It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

It was also announced that the first film will be set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and will focus on a younger Han Solo and Boba Fett.  For more info, follow THIS link.


Now, like any Star Wars fan, I would be interested to see what sort of "history" Han Solo and Boba Fett have with each other.  Whatever it is, it will be exciting and roguish and adventurous.  However, I'm not that huge a fan of either character (I know, I know, shame on me, right?)  Just my opinion, Boba Fett is an overrated bounty hunter and Han Solo's ego issues rub off on me the wrong way.

So will the spin-off films only be about these two?  Or will other characters be introduced or featured?  We don't know yet.  I would like to know soon.  We can only wait for more info.

Hearing about these spin-off films got me very excited, and I can't wait to see what happens.  In fact, I'm probably even more excited about these films than about Episode VII.  There are lots of gaps between the films, especially ROTS and ANH, that should be filled in.  There are lots of characters that should be on the big screen and given a better backstory and their own role in the saga.

Now if Cad Bane found his place in this Fett/Solo film...or another spin-off film entirely....my deepest prayers would be answered.  I'm not even kidding.  Can I hear an amen??
#longliveCadBane

3 comments:

  1. The idea of recasting Han Solo is horrifying to me! I can't imagine another actor playing him, however a film solely about Boba Fett would be cool. Maybe Boba Fett and Cad Bane team-up and become a kind of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid type Star Wars film, that could be good. :) Also have you heard about a young Yoda movie being made? I think that is a terrible idea too.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that bothers me too. Only one actor can be Han Solo.

      That idea with Boba Fett and Cad Bane sounds divine - exactly what I was thinking :P

      I don't want to see Yoda as young. That would ruin the character.

      Delete
  2. I'm cautiously hopeful about this :)

    ReplyDelete