Friday, March 22, 2013

100TH POST!!

A few announcements/news for all Star Wars fans and especially Cad Bane fans.

First, Save The Clone Wars!  In an earlier post I explained my thoughts regarding the cancellation of our beloved show.  Well, the fight isn't over yet.  Many fans are speaking up against this and petitioning to bring The Clone Wars back.  It might sound like it's impossible at this point, but lots of shows have been saved by fans in the past (Star Trek, Family Guy, Futurama, and Quantum Leap, to name a few.)
Here are some ways you can help!


  • If you have a Twitter account, join the protest TOMORROW, Saturday the 23rd!  Tweet with the hashtag #SaveTheCloneWars.  Our goal is to make it a trending tag and get Disney's attention.


  • Write a letter to Disney by clicking on THIS LINK.  The website will allow you to send a message directly to Disney.  If enough people do this our voice will be heard, so go and write that letter (I did).


  • Share with others via Blogspot, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, everywhere that you want to help save The Clone Wars. Maybe they will start to help, too!

Now that obviously isn't everything that's going on right now.  If you haven't heard of "This is Madness" (link is HERE), it is a contest currently being held at Starwars.com to vote for your favorite characters. It is my honor to announce that Cad Bane had a strong victory in the first round yesterday! Be sure to go back to the website on Sunday, March 31st to vote for Cad Bane in the second round (and just as a reminder, this is the dark side, so don't be afraid to use a little 'black magic'...)




Now, aside from all that...

Wow! My 100th post! It feels like yesterday I was just starting up this blog and trying to think up a good name. What a great feeling to have come this far!




I love everything about having my own blog.  I love having a place where I can share my writing, my interests, my thoughts and experience, and last but certainly not least my love for the character Cad Bane.  I love posts like this where I could just type and type long into the night and never get tired of it.  It is so much fun finding other blogs and connecting to wonderful people like you guys, and I have enjoyed every single minute of it.



Because this blog is mostly Cad Bane-central you find me talking mostly about Star Wars-related stuff (heh, see above as an example.)  But if I'm going to give you a personal glimpse inside, I might as well right now.  I love Star Wars a lot - I was raised on the movies, lots of my fanfiction and fan-art is about Star Wars, and I'm tweeting to save Clone Wars - but it's not my only love.  When people ask me what I like or what I do, other stuff comes to mind first.  I'm crazy about a lot of things and it's just hard to write about all of those in one blog!  I love...

  • Writing stories
  • Writing song lyrics
  • Road trips
  • Rainy days
  • Coffee and green tea
  • Humphrey Bogart movies
  • Staying up late
  • Apple products
  • The way Cad Bane's breathing tubes distort his voice
  • The fact that Tom Hiddles and I share the same laugh
and so many other things! :-)


So when I realized this was going to be my 100th post, I thought of a little challenge someone suggested to me a while ago, and now seems like the perfect time to try it.  Of course, this also means I'm challenging you to do it, too!

The challenge is to think of 100 "Things" that make you smile.  They can be big things, like getting a good score on a really hard exam and holding a newborn infant.  Or they can be as small as birthday candles and cream cheese on bagels.  The thing is, you can do this challenge however you want!  You can write it as a post on your blog...you can start typing out a list on your computer...you can write each thing on a Post-It note and stick it on your wall...or whatever fits "you".  But you can't settle for 50 or 25, you have to do at least 100.

The purpose of the challenge is to find all the beautiful things in life and realize that you have a lot to be happy and grateful for.  Gratitude, from what I've read and what I believe, is the mark of a truly healthy and joyful person.  And right now, as I've already stated, I am grateful to have met all of you through In The Shade Of My Wide-Brimmed Hat, and grateful that I even get to have a blog at all!

So go out and try it!  I officially challenge you.  And remember, on the 31st, vote.

Until next time, my lovely followers...


-Stilwater <><

5 comments:

  1. Yay! :) I'm totally going to do the challenge! Congrats on your 100th post! :) I've already done all I can- like you- to try save the Clone Wars. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post!!! :D :D Sounds like a good challenge, I think I'll do it as well.

    Same here, I love Star Wars(it's my favorite franchise), but I love a whole lot of other things as well :D.

    Love the Tom Hiddleston gifs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this was such a great post! I love "the little things" in life that make me smile. Ahhhh! lol. And oh my gosh you have the same laugh as Tom Hiddleston?!??!?! You win at life.

    And this post gets 100000 extra points for using not 1, but 2 Tom Hiddleston GIFs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, our laughs are so similar, it's almost freaky xD i'm laughing right now!

      LOL, thanks! I love Tom Hiddleston!

      Delete
  4. Great 100th post! XD
    I know, right! Now that TCW's cancelled, I fear more for Dark Horse's SW license. :(
    Love the gifs!

    Interesting challenge :). I'm up for it. I need to be more grateful of my life.

    ReplyDelete