Sunday, March 10, 2013

Funk

My deepest apologies, but this is going to be a bit of a personal update.  Sorry, guys, I don't like this either.

Long story short, my little sister Hannah (you can follow Hannah's blog HERE) has been in the hospital since Thursday.  She has an infection in her kidneys which was making her urinate and cough up blood.  Now she and my mom are down there, and with what the doctors are saying, she's expected to be there about five more days.  But knowing Hannah, who takes extra long to recover, I'm expecting it will be longer than that (for example, in January 2012, Hannah was supposed to take 7 days to recover from her back surgery...it ended up being 14 days.)

So, long story short, I'm sinking down into a bit of a "funk".  Feeling pretty stressed out.  I'm basically taking on the role of "Mom" around the house - keeping up dishes/laundry, helping the siblings with school and chores, and making lunch and/or supper.  It doesn't help that my online college course is intensifying lately, and I also have to keep up my part-time babysitting and paper route jobs, which I've also taken the lead role for.  In other words, this is going to be an interesting week.

I feel like I can't enjoy anything I usually enjoy.  It's like everything becomes something to hate.  All I want to do is pop in Oliver and Company for the sixth time this week (my favorite Disney movie!) and drink a root beer - that's all I want to do.

I'm going to try and keep this blog updated with better posts, though.  I'm planning on a post featuring my favorite moments from Season Five, as well as another post for my Season Six hopes and expectations (by the way, I don't buy the rumors that Season Six isn't coming.)

Anyway, that is a little glimpse into my personal life at the moment.  Again, sorry to bother you.

-Stilwater <><

EDIT: So it turns out Lucasfilm IS canceling The Clone Wars...sort of.  They'll finish producing the episodes they already started for Season Six, but mostly, the show is over.  Why, Lucasfilm, oh why?  Clone Wars got me back into Star Wars and now you're throwing it out.  You money-hungry little leeches, you are not helping my week...!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for you and Hannah and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your sister- I hope she gets better quickly and that you can handle all of the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely be praying for you, your sister, and your family. I hope she gets better soon! =)

    ReplyDelete