Monday, June 10, 2013

Leaving for Thailand




In just over twelve hours, I will be on a plane bound for Tokyo. Another six-hour flight to Bangkok, then twelve more hours via van and/or pickup to the youth hostel in northern Thailand.

It's finally happening!! After ten years of waiting to go on a mission trip, three years of waiting for a trip with my dad and siblings, and a whole year of waiting for Thailand, it has arrived!! No reaction GIF or amount of exclamation points could describe my emotions right now.

I spent most of my day packing and trying to relax as much as possible, getting off the fast and conserving my energy. Might watch a favorite movie to cool down my nerves before I get some sleep. I'm ready to go.

I'll be gone for a total of fourteen days. So don't expect any blog updates until at least June 26th or 27th. If you could pray for our group's safety, guidance, endurance, and discernment, I would be very grateful!

Goodbye, running water. Goodbye, hot dogs and burgers. Goodbye, Internet and all your social networks and blogs. Goodbye, my dear followers! See you in two weeks!

-Stilwater <><



3 comments:

  1. Congrats! :) I hope you have a great time and get what you want out of the trip :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'll miss reading your blog post while you're gone but I know you'll be having such a great experience! I am so excited for you! God is going to change your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you all the way, sister. I pray that you will have many amazing adventures in faith and in the physical realm, and that your trip will change you in ways you could only have imagined.

    Have an amazing trip, and many hugs!
    Towa

    ReplyDelete