Monday, June 3, 2013

Resistance update



My book Resistance, as you may know, was recently published and I have my own supply of paperback copies. For the past few weeks I've mostly been doing local promoting - teasing the book to relatives, friends, friends of my parents, people I know through church and homeschooling, and so on. On my and my brother's graduation ceremony on June 2nd, I began selling copies. So of course I got pulled away several times to sign a copy, which is one of those kind of emotions I cannot really explain in a quick blog post.

It's an extreme feeling to see people who have watched you grow up reading a book that you poured your heart and soul into. Or when someone older enough to be your grandparent comes up to you and asks you to explain the synopsis in fifteen seconds. These are people who know me through my dad and know my spiritual beliefs and convictions (strictly speaking, I am a Christian...but that's another topic for another time). And as a disclaimer, my book isn't Christian. In fact, there is enough content in it that will probably repulse some Christians or "church people". There are some people who are starting to read my book, and recalling some of the content or vocabulary in it, makes me wonder if anyone will think differently of me afterwards.

It's a whole other feeling when people approach me afterwards, or write me a letter, and tell me they loved reading it and can't wait to see what else I will write. It's a small start, but I'm glad to say local support is growing. And that is such a huge motivator for me. When even one person tells me they enjoyed reading it, it fills me with a new energy.





Sorry to say but I probably won't be able to update for the rest of this week. Online college is on the brink of insanity! Our relatives are also visiting for a couple days, which is so so much fun. But not only do I have to give up my room but we have nine people to one bathroom and one computer! So, I'm lucky if I get ten minutes to do anything online nowadays.

And Thailand is in seven days. The final countdown begins. And guess what, I still have plenty to do to get ready. Seven days.



2 comments:

  1. Seven Days! We should talk soon on Skype! Like seriously! :)

    Oh, and I'll share your blog & book. Too busy with it this week to do that :P

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear about your book! I hope things go super with it! And Thailand! Yay! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete