Saturday, August 31, 2013

Songs of the Week

“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche


 Hello, and welcome to my first Song of the Week post! Since some of you said you would like me to start making these posts, I've decided to give it a try.

For this post I thought I would share a general overview of the sort of music I am currently listening to. This is my on the road, recreation, writing, and study playlist.
To listen to the songs, just click on the song title to take you to its YouTube link. 




~an indie pop tune perfect for a relaxing jog or a joyride on a cool summer evening~


// When it comes to pop I am picky, but I really love this song. I always feel refreshed after listening to it, like going outside after a rainstorm or taking a cold shower. It has a slow but dangerously-catchy beat. I hear this kind of stuff coming from the inside of the Hollister store (not that it makes a difference). //




~this stuff is the real, down-to-earth, American-as-apple-pie country music...the stuff played with jugs and banjos around a campfire, not in the backseat of a Ford pickup or a John Deere tractor~


// Personally I could never learn to appreciate country music. Believe me, I tried! A song here and there may be "okay", but generally, it's not for me. However, I adore Americana/bluegrass/folk/western, etc....and yes, there is a difference between the two. Listen to this and you'll know what I mean. I only recently found Brown Bird but their sound appeals to me a lot, and I love it! //



"Don Giovanni [K 527 - Act 2]" - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart


~a classic opera piece that makes you want to cower in fear and conquer the world at the same time - dark, epic, and haunting the deepest depths of the human psyche~


// I have always had a soft spot for opera and classical. This is one of my favorite pieces by Mozart. It will send shivers down your spine. This stuff is perfecto for writing epic or scary scenes in your story!
(I don't know why, but opera music makes me think of Loki, like he loves training or fighting to this, and would have made all of Midgard listen to it if he won. Am I alone in this??) //


OK, I know that was sort of all over the place, but I hope that was a successful-enough first song post. Also, if there are any themes you think would be great for an upcoming song post I would love to hear those as well. Ta. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these songs! I really liked the first one, and will probably be listening to it on repeat for a while. I'm not such a fan of western/country music, but the Bilgewater song had a nice, earthy, authentic feel that I liked. And as for the third one...well, opera music is ALWAYS great to listen to, and I can totally imagine Loki training while listening to music and playing a 'Hallelujah Chorus' kind of thing if he had succeeded in getting to rule Midgard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All-righty! I was hooked on the first one for a long time, too, and I am really getting into opera lately. It has such a grand, epic feel to it that I love a lot.

      Delete