Saturday, August 10, 2013

WCAGLS

Last Thursday and Friday, I had the privilege of attending my third Global Leadership Summit conference. If I can, I will try and describe it to you. The Summit is a two-day international event where people in leadership positions from all over the world come to hear professional leaders speak. The conference is held at Willow Creek church in Chicago and broadcast to many satellite locations in almost one hundred countries. There are about three hundred host sites in the United States alone.  The leaders who are invited to speak at the Summit are mostly business leaders and pastors, but many other sorts of leaders come as well. This year, for example, we also had a psychologist, a lawyer, a four-star general and ex-Secretary of State, and two Hollywood producers.


One of my favorite parts about the Summit is it also invites a lot of artistic skill to add to the experience. In between sessions, people with all kinds of talents preform on the stage in Chicago.  It really brings an emotional and mesmerizing feel to the Summit. This year, there were two music bands, a painter, and a comedian.

Every year there is a lot of great input on leadership principles, skill, vision, and inspiration. I am inwardly challenged and motivated every time I go. So today was mostly spent going over all my notes and doing a lot of journaling about what things I need to do and what direction I need to take based on what I learned at the Summit. It's so, so hard to describe to someone who has never been there, but for me it is non-negotiable that I go every year.

I also love all the diversity the Summit has to offer as for the various leaders who come to speak. The two Hollywood producers were probably the ones I enjoyed the most. After their presentations everyone at the Summit was given a never-before-seen three-minute clip of the upcoming film Noah starring Russell Crowe. I can't say much until the public release in October, but that was very exciting! I think it is wonderful that Hollywood has become interested in Bible stories again and are producing a lot of Bible movies in the next few years.

Anyway, it was a great experience. If you ever get the chance to attend the Leadership Summit, you will not be disappointed! If you want to know more about the Global Leadership Summit, click on THIS link. Or you can check out the Summit's Twitter feed HERE.

I hope to publish another post soon, but I will be camping most of next week with the family and then a lot of other stuff is happening, but I will try. Summer is almost over! Can you believe it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment