Saturday, September 21, 2013

Songs of the Week - Florence + the Machine

“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche


 This week is about a band I am inclined to return to every now and then, Florence + the Machine, and my list of favorite songs by them. I love them because of the magical sound that comes with their music. It's like being propelled into a fantasy dream world, filled with new discoveries. Great stuff for writing anything involving fantasy, the supernatural, or wild adventures. Listen and enjoy 





~And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
And given half the chance would I take any of it back
It's a fine romance but it's left me so undone
It's always darkest before the dawn~


// My all-time favorite Florence song. The message is powerful and down-to-earth, and the lyrics dig deep. It's a very beautiful and touching song, and I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard it for the first time; that's how much it stuck. //



~But I needed one more touch
Another taste of heavenly rush
And I believe, I believe it~


// This is probably my other favorite Florence song. It is very mysterious and haunting, but also beautiful. Again, the unique sound of this band has this magical feel to it, at least that is how I feel about them. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these two, and if you like, branch out to find your own favorite Florence + the Machine favorites if they are your taste! //

3 comments:

  1. My friend really loves Florence + The Machine so I've been meaning to give them a listen. Thanks for the song recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Florence and the Machine! The first time I discovered this band, I listened to Breath of Life like 15 times in a row without stopping! It's fun to hear that you like them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I! I am really glad you like them!

      Delete