Monday, October 14, 2013

Life update



First up, in case you didn't hear, we recently received the wonderful news that we get The Clone Wars "bonus content" in so-put-as "early 2014". Yay! I guess that can probably be safely interpreted as anywhere from January to April.

I am excited!

I've decided that I will post my in-progress multi-part post "Why I Love Cad Bane" after we have seen this bonus content. Seeing it will probably add a couple things to the list and give it the fullness it needs. Also, because the bonus content is the last we'll see of Bane in The Clone Wars *sniff*...Anyway, so you might see "Why I Love" as early as January or as late as May...I hate to be that vague about it! But it is coming.

I apologize for not being able to post anything for most of last week. I was tied up with a ton of stuff. Thursday and Friday I was babysitting, and I went shopping and completed my cosplay outfit for L (Death Note). Just in time for Halloween, too; if you guys would like to see me in full costume I would really consider doing a photoshoot! I'm also starting a weight-loss contest with my mom. We both set a goal for ourselves and the first one to meet their goal receives a gift of clothing purchased by the other. So these next few weeks I'll be turning down lots of cravings and putting in extra exercise along my regular workouts. Saturday I was at my church for our annual Harvest of Talents, in which people use gifts like crafts, canning food, art, and woodcarving to make things for a huge sale that donates all proceeds to the local food pantry. In fact I give 10% of profits from my book Resistance to Harvest of Talents. I ran the popcorn machine from 9 AM to 3 PM. By Sunday I was really tired.

This week I start hunter's safety training so I can go hunting with my dad this year (and shoot my first deer), start a new college course along called "Fiction" in which I do tons of reading and writing, and hopefully get back to more writing since I did not get to write one single word last week!!

I have a couple ideas for posts this week, including another movie review. I might go see the new movie "Carrie" on Sunday, so a post comparing the new one to the old one would be cool! I also want to go for something dark or "spooky" in light of the Halloween season. Some other ideas too but right now they're settling on the back burner.

I hope everyone is having a great October so far!

6 comments:

  1. Yes photoshoot!!!!!!!

    I'm glad you're having a good October:D Though I did miss reading your blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do it as soon as I can! Just got to get a little practice on hair and makeup first :)

      Delete
  2. I heard about the Clone Wars news and I am so glad that they finally released information on it, we have been wait WAY too long. Also I am actually kind of excited about the new Rebels series now that it sounds equally as dark as the Clone Wars. I am hoping that Bane makes an appearance in the series as well.

    Yes, please post pictures of your L cosplay! That would be cool. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. As for Rebels I'm trying not to raise many expectations for it, but the series sounds like it has a lot of potential. I read about the new "Inquisitor" guy...I wonder if he is the Son...?

      As soon as I get the chance I will! :)

      Delete
  3. This little update was fun to read! I would love to see pictures of your L cosplay; it's so cool that you are doing that. Interestingly, I'm trying a weight-loss challenge too. I'm average weight, but I have a problem with 'eating my feelings' sometimes and I'm trying to get control of my eating habits so it doesn't end up biting me in the back later. Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to try out my cosplay; I was hoping to post it before Halloween and it just might work out. And I know what you mean about eating feelings; it feels relieving sometimes to indulge in dark chocolate or some other delicacy, but now I have to resist it. Thank you for the comment!

      Delete