Sunday, October 27, 2013

Songs of the Week - Halloween

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."
― Plato 


 Halloween season is here, and October 31st is just around the corner.  If you are looking for some good songs to give you a spook for the season, here is a list of songs that do it for me. 





// Modern, creepy song about vampires. Don't listen to this one right before going to sleep //



// This one as more sad than creepy. But it also makes for a good song to give you a chill //





// Old, classic song. The title pretty much sums it all up. It is probably not the first one that comes to most people's minds when thinking of songs for Halloween, but I think it has a very creepy undertone to it, especially that final two-minute stretch //







// The best Halloween-ish classical piece I could find. This is by far my favorite on this list //

5 comments:

  1. Happy (early) Halloween! :D
    Of the songs listed, I've only heard the one by Evanescence, but I agree, it's a really good song and definitely a sad one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting picks. :) My personal favorite Halloween song is "Ghostbusters," although I like listening to it at any time. Another good one is the main theme of the Walking Dead, but that is orchestral.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too :) I can't believe I forgot to put it on here...oh well. There are lots of good orchestral themes fitting for Halloween; I should look up the walking dead one.

      Delete
  3. Well, this certainly fits the theme of the season, though I don't believe in celebrating Halloween. My parents never let me get dressed up or go trick or treating, and honestly, I've never felt as if I'm missing out on anything. But...I enjoyed the music anyway!:) My favorite was definitely 'Hello' by Evanescence; they're one of my favorite bands and I love the way Amy Lee's voice sounds, so haunting and beautiful.:)

    Adios!
    Towa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, my family is the exact same way. We never went trick-or-treating or do anything to "celebrate" Halloween. Although I do like some of that gothic, spooky stuff that is usually associated with the holiday. That is my all-time favorite Evanescence song :)

      Delete