Thursday, December 12, 2013

Songs of the Week - Mumford and Sons

♥ Mumford and Sons, Mumford and Sons, Mumford and Sons. They are one of my top favorite bands of all time. Right in the same league with Muse. Mumford and Sons is the type of band where I cannot pick a favorite song. There is not one song by them that I do not like. Not one other artist exists that I can say the same about.

Narrowing this list down to only a few songs was extremely hard. There are still a ton of good Mumford and Sons songs that I could not include here because the list would be way too long. Thus instead of picking my favorites I just picked the ones that have been played the most in my iTunes library.

By the way, do you ever have that band with the most songs that brings you to tears? That's these guys for me. Don't worry, I only included a couple tearjerker songs on here. (They are all brutal, though; either that or my heart is very tender.)

I hope that, if you are having a bad day, these guys will help make you feel better.
Mumford and Sons. ♥


"I Gave You All"


// But close my eyes for a while
Force from the world a patient smile //







// How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes
I struggle to find any truth in your lies //







// Sigh no more, no more
One foot on sea, one on shore
My heart was never pure //





//Better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
'Cause when I opened my body I breathed in a lie //

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to listen to them for a while now. I know and like a few of their songs. twenty one pilots to me is like Mumford And Sons for you. I love every one of their songs and they always make me cry.
    I love tear jerking/thought provoking songs so I'll give these a listen:) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I should try out that band!

      I love those kind of songs too...they keep me in tune with the deeper, more somber things I shouldn't forget...you know?

      Delete
  2. I SO want to listen to that album!! I'm a huge Mumford and Sons fan, but somehow haven't gotten around to buying this one yet! :O
    My favourite artist has got to be A Fine Frenzy, though. Honestly she's amazing. :) A totally different sound than these guys, but hey--there's room in my heart for both.

    Great blog! :D I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Mumford and Sons albums are amazing, couldn't recommend them highly enough!

      Thanks; I am glad you like this song!

      Delete