Friday, January 17, 2014

Songs of the Week - Abney Park


♥ Abney Park is known as the "quinessential" steampunk band. I found them about two years ago during a steampunk craze, and they immediately became a favorite of mine. They have an incredible variety and diversity in their sounds, and their music covers all kinds of topics that motivates me to try to write my own steampunk stories. I just love them so much!! Without further ado here is a sample of some of my favorite Abney Park songs.

Also, Abney Park has been helping me get through this week...which has been mentally and emotionally exhausting. So now I feel like I owe it to my followers to introduce you to this amazing band 


"Throw Them Overboard"



// The first Abney Park song I ever heard. It will always be my all-time favorite! //



"Building Steam"



// Such a badass song; you can hear a lot of the steampunk in this song //




"Until The Day You Die"



// I REALLY love the 1920's-30's vibe this song gives; just goes to show how diverse the band's sound is. //



"Under The Rader"


// Just imagine bounty hunters and pirates storming the capitol as you listen to this song and you will see why I love it so much!  //

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing these songs with us! I've never listened to 'steam-punk' music before and it was fun to listen to some songs from this genre. I really liked the 'Building Steam' song; it was so cool! Again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete