Saturday, February 8, 2014

Songs of - Just one of those weeks

♥ I do not know, how has everyone's month been?

It has just been a roller-coaster for me. Intensity with school, old emotional junk resurfacing, stuff with work and the family, my little sister, and on and on and on. But I have been keeping as steadfast as I can with my four goals for this year, one of which is reading my Bible every morning.

If your month has been great, that is awesome and I am honestly happy for you!

But if it's just been "one of" those months, or "one of" those weeks, or "one of" those days...this week I just pulled together a few songs that help calm me down and set my mind on the right path when I really, really need it. I am not going to try to describe them all. Just, if you want, listen and relax 


"Beautiful Things" (Gungor)


"The Sixth Station (6番目の駅)" (Spirited Away Soundtrack)



"Us Against the World" (Coldplay)




4 comments:

  1. I've had a good but crazy week. I was busy all through the week and on friday through sunday I was at winter camp. So Im sore and exhausted. It was a great great weekend save for one time I got triggered at youth group last night, which Im slowly trying to shake. I'm attempting to focus on the good things of the weekend.
    But I'm looking up those songs now. The lyrics look really good. Thanks for the suggestions:) I hope you'll be able to catch a breather soon. Congrats on reading your bible every morning! That's awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to hear. Being triggered is never fun, and I will be praying that you will be able to shake it off soon.
      You're welcome! Yes, I have found that reading my Bible every morning makes the whole day much better :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely this week has been a bit rough for me...lots of ups and downs and coming face to face with some things that really bother me, as well as an increasing trend of catty fights and drama at school that I'm not really involved with but is wearying to witness all the same. Thank you so much for posting these songs; they are very relaxing and sometimes you definitely just need to relax and listen to something that uplifts your soul.:)

    I am definitely praying for you and I hope that things will improve. BTW, we definitely need to talk again soon; there are some questions about your book Resistance that I want to ask you!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the first couple months of the year - at least for me - are a bit of a rocky road. Having to put up with all that school drama can be very draining. These were some of the songs I listened to so I could calm down; I am glad you like them :)

      Thank you, and you are in my thoughts and prayers as well. Yes, we need to talk again for sure! Maybe this weekend if that works out for you :)

      Delete