Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Clone Wars Bonus Content - Update (and a couple other things)


After months and months of waiting, we finally have a confirmed date as to when we will be receiving the Bonus Content, AKA, "The Lost Episodes" of The Clone Wars. This Bonus Content is comprised of 13 episodes - four arcs in all - that are completed episodes of the Season 6 that will never be aired.

The date is March 7. And starting from this date, the Bonus Content will be available on Netflix. Along with all five seasons of The Clone Wars and some director's cut goodies.

This is good news to anyone who has Netflix (not me), but I'm pretty sure the Bonus Content will also be available through other means soon. It is very pleasing to know that the people at Lucasfilm still care about us fans to some extent and are giving us the episodes we wanted so much.

However...

There was supposedly going to be a fifth arc with the Bonus Content, called the "bounty hunter arc".  This arc was to feature Cad Bane, Boba Fett, and other bounty hunter characters. Now if you know me you know that this was an arc I had been dying to see ever since I first heard of it, which was way back in Spring 2013. Not just because I love Cad Bane, but because I loved the idea of seeing Bane and young Boba together. It could be a very interesting partnership; plus, who knows, it could pave the way for Boba's eventual path to becoming the number one bounty hunter in the galaxy almost two decades later. And besides one ten-page comic in the UK Clone Wars magazine, I have not had any new Cad Bane things since  February 2012 with that episode "Crisis on Naboo" that left me feeling bitter and cheated. Needless to say, I was basically dying for the bounty hunter arc.

Well, as it happens, the bounty hunter arc is officially not a part of the Bonus Content. In fact, I have not heard anything about this arc at all. We will not be seeing it at all. In the future, we might see its story in the form of a comic or something else. After all, that is how Darth Maul's story is going to be told - as in, we would have seen it in future TCW seasons but now it's going to be in comics instead. But as of now we cannot expect anything for the Bane/Boba arc.

I'm feeling pretty disappointed right now. So much so that I am going to have a hard time even enjoying the Bonus Content, save for the Rush Clovis arc when Embo will have some action, since Embo is one of my top-favorite bounty hunters (please don't die, Embo, please!!). But, as always, I have to keep my hopes up, put on my big girl boots, and stay true to my Star Wars love. All I can do is just keep loving on this franchise and my favorite character, and wait patiently for any more new things in the future...

For example, say, the spin-off films, which have been pushed back to 2016 or '17. I have heard some sources say one is definitely about Boba Fett and Han Solo. However I also heard somewhere else say that the spin-off films are intended to focus more on characters not in the feature films. That, of course, gives Cad Bane an even greater chance at making an appearance in the spin-off films. Which means we could see live-action Cad Bane within a couple years. Let's just hope that, should this happen, I won't die from the consequential fangasms. I mean, compare the difference between CGI Grievous and ROTS Grievous and then imagine that difference on Cad Bane. Yeah...I need to remember how to breathe after just thinking about it.

In addition, a couple months ago a rumor spread that Cad Bane would be getting his own live-action series released on Netflix. I still don't know what to make of this rumor. It could easily be a case of "Chinese telephone" and totally far from the truth. However, if there is some truth to this, well...I really don't need to explain how I would feel about that.

While I am still on the subject of Cad Bane, there is one other thing I would like to notify my followers!

A few months ago I hinted that I was starting an essay listing all the reasons why I love Cad Bane. I'd like you guys to know that this essay is still in progress but will be completed soon, and then I will slowly start sharing it. The rather long introduction is finished but I am very nervous about posting it because it digs rather deep. But rest assured you will all get to read it soon!

That is all I can say for now. I hope you all have a great rest of the week! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's disappointing about the lack of a bounty hunter arc! And from the pictures about the new Rebels series, I am not getting my hopes up about that series either. But I was glad to hear last week that we would finally get those final episodes of the Clone Wars, even if I don't have Netflix either.

    A live-action Cad Bane is possible, but it would be incredibly difficult to pull off. If could be done well, I would really like to see a Boba Fett and Cad Bane movie like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. That could be awesome! But please no young Han Solo; I would hate that!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very disappointed! At least there are some other Clone Wars episodes to compensate for the loss. I want to be optimistic about Rebels, but the more I hear about it the more my spirits sink.

      I think if they did something like motion-capture it could be pulled off well. I LOVE the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid idea...that would make a fantastic movie!
      I'd feel very doubtful about a young Han Solo too. Even though there are other actors who could portray him in his younger years, Harrison Ford will always be THE Han Solo!

      Delete
  2. A live-action Cad Bane? Hmmmm…….that would be pretty cool yet hard to pull off. Its hard to imagine what Cad Bane would look like in a live-action Star Wars film.

    ReplyDelete