Friday, March 7, 2014

Goodbye The Clone Wars

As many of you know, today was our goodbye to Star Wars: The Clone Wars. In March of last year the show was cancelled and we were told we would be given "bonus content" of some of Season Six. Now that those final episodes have been released on Netflix, called "The Lost Missions", the show is officially over. No more TCW, ever.

Our family does not have Netflix and never will, so I will have to wait until these episodes are leaked online, somehow or other. Whenever I can I want to watch them. I'm not the type who is bothered by spoilers because I really don't care about being spoiled for anything, so I already know pretty much what happened in The Lost Missions.

Okay, this is goodbye. Farewell, TCW. You were a great show.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and even though I never could say I was a huge fan of the show, it holds a special place in my heart. This is the show that taught me how to love Star Wars again. This is the show that led me to become an online blogger, an artist, and a better writer. It gave me love, excitement, and joy for a few short but happy years.

Hell, this is the show that introduced Cad Bane in the first place. And all that stuff I recently barked on about that has changed me because of Cad Bane and how much that son of a gun means to me through and through? None of it would have happened without The Clone Wars, none of it. I would not be the person I am today without Cad Bane, meaning I would not be the person I am today without The Clone Wars. So even though this show has not been with me for that long a time, it has had an impact on my life.

Farewell, TCW. Thanks for all the good times. The Anakin and Obi-Wan banters, the clones, the bounty hunters, the Mandalorians, the Sith, even the droids. The long summer days I spent doing season marathons with my brother and sister. The lovable dialogue I will never stop quoting and the cliffhangers I will always awe at. Thanks for the nights I spent re-watching twenty-second promos for upcoming episodes literally vomiting with excitement. Thanks for getting me back into art, for bringing me to meet lots of good friends online. Thanks for showing me it's okay to love Star Wars and it's okay to be so attached to a character that you feel everything they feel. Thanks for all the good stuff and good memories. If I had not sat down with my little sister and watched the Season One premiere all those years ago, I do not think I ever would have come back to my Star Wars love again. And while I'm being as sappy as maple syrup here, yeah, thanks for giving us some damn good characters. Thanks for all of them, and of course, thanks for the Duros bounty hunter.

I'm going to miss this show a lot.

I wish I could say I was just plain sad, but I'm more bitter than anything. I want to reminisce in old TCW feels and be happy I got this show - which I am, oh my goodness, am I ever grateful for this darn good show - but I can't be happy right now. The end of The Clone Wars possibly could not have fallen on a better week. Some things are starting to get screwed up in my life, and my only wish is that I could move on and get a fresh start but that's not going to happen. I'm mentally preparing myself to write a story that I know, in more ways than one, will be the death of me, even though my mind is basically attacking me right now. The best years of our family are starting to seem like a part of the past. And now TCW is over...whoop de do. I think it's too late in the evening for me to be dwelling on all of this. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow.

So long, so long. Well, it was good while it lasted. I had fun.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.
    Saying goodbye to a book series you have truly come to enjoy is never easy. It's almost like losing a best friend. I never even would have 'met' you had you not started watching TCW, because the first fanfiction of yours that I ever reviewed was a fanfiction that used TCW-characters! You've made friends, started a blog and done so many amazing things just because of this show and I understand that you are going to miss it. If you ever want to talk about how losing TCW made you feel, I'm always here.
    Someday, maybe I took will find the time to watch TCW and then we can talk about it together!

    ReplyDelete