Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I Am Valid

The clothes you wear do not define you.

The music you listen to does not define you.

The movies or shows you watch do not define you.

The money or lack thereof in your bank account does not define you.

The number of people who wish you a genuine good day, good evening, happy birthday or happy holiday does not define you.

The names you have been called do not define you. The labels people have placed on you do not define you.

The voices inside your own head do not define you.

The marks on your legs, the scars on your arms, the tattoos on your legs, and the dark circles under your eyes do not define you.

Neither the best day of your life nor the worst day of your life define you.

How you were treated in the past does not define you. How you are treated today does not define you. And how you are treated tomorrow, next month, next year, and for the rest of your life does not define you either.

Nothing that anybody will ever say or do, or not say or do, defines you.

You are defined by who you belong to.

2 comments:

  1. <3<3<3<3<3

    I am speechless. All I can say is this is beautiful. Thank you<3 You always know what I need to hear and when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is that "life-changer" I got from my trip to Colorado, and I was hesitant to at first but I finally decided to share it on my blog. I just know it wasn't from me <3

      Delete