Monday, December 28, 2015

Goals for 2016

  • Get shit done
If you'll pardon my French. I have a lot of things I need to do this year in preparation for moving out on my own for the first time, and all that needs to happen before and after that. Just thinking about it stresses me out. It's going to be a lot, but if I can tackle all those things one at a time, I know that by this time next year, I will be in a much better place.
  • Care less what people think of me
Listen to honest criticism? Sure. Pay attention to how people respond to my personality, behavior, and words? Absolutely. But when people are going to judge me, misunderstand me on purpose, or act like they know me when they really don't, I'm not going to listen. I've spent too much of my life - and way too much of 2015 - letting people's judgement of me wear me down. I will actively work to not let that happen in 2016. This year, I'm going to be me, without shame.
  • Play hard
I don't do enough fun things just for the sake of having fun. I spent two years doing high school and college at the same time, and two more years being a hermit at home while doing college online. I deprived myself of a lot of fun activities, to the point where letting myself 'have fun' feels like a chore. For 2016, I'm going to set aside time where I can let myself get away from work, get away from writing or tasks I need to do, and let myself enjoy something fun for a change. I don't do that enough.
  • Read a lot
I make this my goal every year, and I never end up reading as much as I want to. But this year, I really want to push myself harder. There is so much I don't know about how the world works...so many things to know and study and explore. Part of why I loved college so much was how much there was to learn. I miss that. 2016, I will do my best to get back into reading a lot of books, and on all kinds of subjects.

1 comment: