Sunday, December 13, 2015

My favorite thing about Christmas

... has to be wrapping the presents. Or sometimes, putting them in a box and taking it to the post office.

I love taking the time to make the wrapping look as perfect as I can make it, knowing that in just over a week the person I love is going to be pulling off the tape and ribbon excitedly. I love adding my own funny notes on the "to/from" tags to make it more personal and fun. And I love thinking about how they'll react when they see the gift I picked out for them.

It's the part of celebrating Christmas I enjoy because I can do it on my own. I have to do it on my own, obviously. And I have to shut myself away from everyone else for my own 'alone time' to wrap presents. And I put on a playlist of the only Christmas songs I like and start thinking about how I'm going to wrap all these gifts.

I can be happy around Christmas because finding the perfect gift that I know they will love makes me happy, and seeing their reaction when they open it later makes me even happier. Or, as mentioned earlier, if I'm mailing a package to a friend, I can organize the items inside in a creative way and look forward to when I get a message saying it arrived and they opened it.

I'm more of a Grinch than ever this year, for reasons that would take way too long to explain. But I got to wrap the presents again, and soon they will be unwrapped. So I still have some happiness.

1 comment:

  1. awww. thats beautiful. I pray you have a great Christmas. you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete